Mawsons are a long established independent firm of surveyors and property consultants based in Leeds, West Yorkshire. The firm can trace its roots back to 1844 through a firm called Heeles and Co, which was then acquired by Joseph H Mawson around 1919. From this the firm went on to become known as Mawson and Walton and quickly evolved into a leading regional Estate Agency business with multiply office locations in Leeds city centre, Horsforth, Moortown, Guiseley, Elland, Brighouse and Halifax.
In 1990 the Partnership dissolved and from that the commercial property agency and management side of the business was formed under the direction of Alistair Ritchie and Donald Staveley, renaming the firm Mawsons. As from that date Mawsons continues to provide a Partner-led service and deal with many private clients, some of whom have been advised and acted for in the region of 90 years.
We manage commercial property on behalf of owners, investors and trusts by tailoring and carrying out the following principle duties:
- Rent collection
- Service charge administration
- Comply with statutory obligations
- Maintain comprehensive tenancy records using a dedicated computer software programme
- Ensure Lease compliance
- Arrange suitable and adequate building insurance cover
- Manage potential insurance claims
- Proactively manage the buildings and third party suppliers/contractors
- Regular liaison with both tenant and landlord
Please feel free to contact us to obtain further information.
We cover the sale, lettings and acquisition of commercial property and land across all sectors including office, industrial, retail and leisure.
We undertake a free market appraisal and provide a follow-up report together with transparent terms of engagement.
To make an enquiry or to discuss further, please feel free to contact us.
In addition to commercial property, we offer flat block management to all sizes of residential flat developments. Acting on behalf of the Management Company, we can provide the following services:
- The collection of all Maintenance charges from flat owners on agreed dates
- Supervise and arrange payment of all accounts in respect of regular disbursements
- Arrange and submit estimates for other works and annual contracts for the approval of the Committee/Directors
- Liaise with appointed solicitors/Company Secretary in respect of changes to flat ownership
- Forward Statements of Accounts on a quarterly/half-yearly basis
- Deal with submission of claims when necessary in respect of building insurance
- Carry out regular visits and inspections
Please contact us if you are interested in obtaining further information.
Whether acting for the Landlord or the Tenant, we provide advice and guidance on the following:
- Lease Renewals
- Rent Reviews
- Rating Assessments
Became a partner in 2008
Graduated from Sheffield Hallam University in 2005 with BA Hons in Business Studies Subsequently completed and obtained a Diploma in Surveying from the College of Estate Management
Joined the firm in 1974, when it was known as Mawson and Walton
Extensive knowledge and professional experience in the commercial property market, having acted for a wide range of clients over forty years